Welcome to our website store.jilsander.com.
For Jil Sander, your privacy and the safety of your personal data are very important; therefore, we gather and manage your personal data with the utmost care, taking measures to ensure its safety.
Who is the Holder?
Below is the main information on the processing of your personal data performed by Jil Sander S.p.A. S.p.A., with headquarters in Foro Buonaparte 71, 20121, Milano (MI), Italy, C.F. and VAT n°. 10513210962 (Jil Sander), as Data Controller.
For any clarification, questions or requirements related to your privacy and the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at any time by sending a request to our Customer Care department, or by writing to the address of Jil Sander.
The Data Controller is the Legal Representative of Jil Sander S.p.A., tel. +39 02 8069131(HEADQUARTERS IN MILAN),
Address: Foro Buonaparte 71 - 20121 Milano.
What data do we process and why
The personal data that Jil Sander collects is that provided by you to us when finalizing an order and purchasing goods, and those that we collect as you browse or use the services offered by store.jilsander.com. Jil Sander can collect data about you, such as personal details like name and surname, shipping and billing address, browsing data and your purchase habits.
Your Personal Data will be processed for the following purposes:
- Conclude and execute the purchase contract for the articles offered on store.jilsander.com;
- Provide you with store.jilsander.com services such as subscription for the newsletter;
- Allow the registration on the Site and the use of services reserved for registered users;;
- Manage your requests to our Customer Care.
In the aforementioned cases, the processing of your personal data is legitimate as it is necessary to execute a contract with you or to provide you with the service you have specifically requested. We also conduct statistical surveys and analyses of data in aggregate form to understand how users interact with and use the site, to improve our offering and services.
Only with your prior consent, we process your personal data to:
- perform commercial and promotional communication activities;
- customize the Site based on your interests.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data is processed by duly trained staff of our company, and, for organizational and functional needs related to the provision of services on store.jilsander.com, by our providers. The latter have been assessed and chosen by Jil Sander their proven reliability and competence. Some of these subjects may be based in non-EU countries and, in these cases, the transfer of your personal data to these countries is performed in compliance with the guarantees provided by law.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time, depending on the purpose for which it was collected, at the end of which your personal data will be deleted or otherwise rendered anonymous in an irreversible way. The retention period is different depending on the purpose of the processing: For example, the data collected during the purchase of goods on store.jilsander.com are processed until the conclusion of all administrative and accounting formalities, and is, therefore, stored in accordance with local tax legislation (ten years); those used to send our newsletter are kept until you ask to stop receiving it.
What are your rights?
At any time, depending on the specific treatment, you can: Withdraw your consent to data processing; know what are your personal data in our possession, their origin and how they are used; request the update, correction or integration as well, in the cases provided for by the current provisions, the cancellation, the limitation of treatment or oppose to their treatment. If you wish, you can request to receive your personal data in possession of Jil Sander, in a format readable by electronic devices and, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out illegitimately, you can file a complaint with one of the supervisory authorities responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection. In Italy, the complaint can be filed with the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data(http://www.garanteprivacy.it/).
This policy may undergo changes and additions over time, so we invite you to periodically review its contents. Where possible, we will try to inform you promptly of any changes made.
1. General Information
Who is responsible for the processing of the data?
Jil Sander S.p.A. S.p.A. with headquarters in Foro Buonaparte 71, 20121, Milano (MI), Italy, C.F. and VAT n° 10513210962 (Jil Sander) is Responsible for the processing of the personal data, that is, the subject who decides how and why to process your personal data.
You can always contact Jil Sander in writing to the address aforementioned or by contacting our Customer Care department.
Who is responsible for the protection of your personal data?
Jil Sander has appointed an Officer in charge of the Protection of Personal Data.
If you wish, for any request regarding the protection of your personal data and the exercise of your rights you can contact the Data Protection Officer ('DPO') of Jil Sander, at the address of the Holder, aforementioned, or writing to our Customer Care department and choosing ‘privacy’.
2. What personal data do we collect?
The categories of personal data that Jil Sander collects and processes when you browse or purchase on store.jilsander.com, are the following:
- We collect the personal data required to conclude and execute your purchase on store.jilsander.com, such as your name, email address, shipping address, billing address, phone number and payment details;
- We collect your email address when you sign up for our newsletter service;
- We process the personal data you provide when you contact our Customer Care to request assistance;
- With your prior consent, we collect your personal data for marketing purposes;
- For the registration on My Account, we collect your name and surname, your email address, password and your date of birth. If you are a registered user, we collect information about your access to the reserved area of the site. Subject to your prior consent, and through the analysis of your personal data, we process information about your interests and preferences relating to our products and services, in order to customize our services and commercial offers based on your interests.
- We collect information about your browsing on store.jilsander.com, such as the pages you visit and how you interact with the single page and we save this information in our servers.
We inform you that Jil Sander does not process data from minors. When you access store.jilsander.com and use the services offered by Jil Sander, you declare that you have reached the age of majority.
3. How do we use the personal data we gather?
Jil Sander collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Conclude and execute the purchase contract for the products offered on store.jilsander.com. When you complete your purchase, we will request the personal data necessary for the execution of the contract; such as payment, anti-fraud checks, if you choose to pay by credit or debit card, billing, shipping of the product and possible return management.
- Registration on the Site and use of the services offered to registered users. The registration on the Site is possible through the inclusion of some personal information, necessary to ensure your identification and the performance of the services offered to registered users.
- Provision of the services offered onstore.jilsander.com. For this purpose, Jil Sander needs to collect, relating to each service and its characteristics, the personal data necessary for the performance of the service requested.
- Management of requests to our Customer Care department, which uses the personal data you provide to meet your requests for information and requests for assistance.
- Sending of your Resume. If you send your Resume in order to be considered for a position, Jil Sander shall use the information contained within exclusively for that purpose. The data relating to your application may be transferred to third-party management providers in charge of the collection of applications. Your Resume will be kept for a maximum period of six months, after which it will be deleted: If you want, you are more than welcome to send us a new, updated version.
- Statistical analysis and surveys. We use some information about your use of the Site to perform statistical analysis and surveys in order to improve our offer and services;
- Sending commercial and promotional communications following the purchase of one of our products, so-called soft Spam. Following the purchase of one of our products on the Site, we will send the email address provided, communications containing our business proposals and customized products and services.
- Subject to your prior consent, we may use the contact details you have provided for commercial communications on our products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, our offers and promotions. In addition, and always with your consent, we will be able to use your contacts as part of market research and surveys relating to your degree of satisfaction, in order to improve our services and the relationship with our users.
- With your prior consent, Jil Sander will be able to personalize your experience as a registered user on store.jilsander.com, proposing previews and offers in line with your tastes and sending you commercial communications tailored to your interests. The customization is made possible by the analysis of your personal information in our possession, described in the previous section 'What personal data do we collect?'. For further information on this data, and on the activity that allows its process, please refer to the section ‘My Account’.
Should you wish to authorize the activities referred to in points h) and i) and subsequently do not wish to receive further communications from Jil Sander, or would like to limit the manner in which you are contacted, you may interrupt these communications at any time by simply clicking on the appropriate “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each communication, accessing My Account, you will always be able to contact Jil Sander through our Customer Care department, or by writing to the aforementioned address . We inform you that you may receive further communications from us even after submitting your cancellation request, as some submissions may have already been planned, our systems may take some time to process your request.
With regards to all the activities aforementioned, we shall process your personal data mainly through IT and electronic tools; the tools we use guarantee high safety standards, in full compliance with current legislation.
4. My Account
On the occasion of the creation of your My Account, Jil Sander offers you the possibility to use the following services:
- My Profile: Manage your personal data and your consent.
- My Orders: Track the shipping of your orders, and see the history of your orders.
- My Cards: Save or change your card information and complete your orders faster.
- Address Book: Save or change your addresses and complete your purchases faster.
- Wish List: Create your customized wish list: You can save up to 50 items, be notified of their availability and add them to the Shopping Bag at any time.
With your prior consent, Jil Sander may use your contact details for commercial communications on products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, and to conduct opinion polls and market research, in order to detect your degree of satisfaction and improve the services offered.
Only with your prior consent, Jil Sander will customize your experience and the contents of the commercial communications and offers that you will see when you browse on store.jilsander.com as a registered user. This activity allows you to facilitate the search for products and services that are more for you and in line with your interests and at the same time allows us to improve our customized offers. The customization is made possible by the analysis of your personal data in our possession, as described in the previous section 'What personal data do we collect?'. In particular, the information on purchases you have made in the past and those relating to the sections of the site you visit most often, or the services you use most often help us to understand what products and services you are most interested in.
To ensure that the information we have is correct and allow us to carry out the activities aforementioned, we invite you to access the 'My profile' section of your My Account and, if you deem it necessary, to update it.
5. Legal basis of the processing
We treat your personal data only in the presence of one of the conditions provided for by current legislation, and specifically:
- For the conclusion and execution of a contract of which you are a part.
When we process your data for the conclusion of the purchase contract of which you are a part, we take care to use only the minimum information necessary for the execution of the same. This basis legitimizes the processing of personal data that takes place in the following activities:
- Conclusion and execution of a purchase contract for the products offered on store.jilsander.com,
- Registration on the Site and use of services reserved for registered users;
- Provision of services offered on store.jilsander.com,
- Management of requests sent to our Customer Care.
The provision of your personal data for these activities is a contractual obligation. You are free to communicate your data or not, but in the absence of the requested data it will not be possible to conclude or execute the contract, or your requests. This means that you will not be able to purchase products and you will not be able to use the services provided by Jil Sander, and that Jil Sander will not be able to handle your requests.
To comply with a legal obligation.
In the event of the termination of a contract for the purchase of goods on store.jilsander.com, the processing of the data will take place to fulfill the legal obligations to which Jil Sander is subject to. You are free to decide whether to terminate a contract and whether or not to disclose your data, but if you conclude it, your data will be necessary and will be processed to give effect to the aforementioned legal obligations to which Jil Sander is subject.
The processing of a Resume spontaneously sent, is performed to assess candidates with respect to a possible job position at Jil Sander, is legitimate because it is expressly authorized by a law, which specifies that in this case the consent of the person to whom they refer personal data. You are free to share your Resume with us or not, but in its absence, we will not be able to assess your candidacy for a job position at Jil Sander.
For our legitimate interest.
Some of your personal data, in the event of purchase of products on store.jilsander.com by credit or debit card, may be processed to perform anti-fraud verifications: We have a legitimate interest in the performance of activity to prevent and prosecute any fraudulent activity. For internal administrative purposes, your data may be processed by companies belonging to the business group to which Jil Sander belongs.
On the basis of your consent.
We will carry out the following processing only if you have given us your express consent:
- Marketing activities and public opinion polling and market research;
- Analysis of your browsing and consumption habits in the use of your My Account profile, in order to customize your experience on our site.
Providing your consent for these activities is optional. You are free to provide your consent or not, but upon denial, it will not be possible for Jil Sander to carry out marketing activities, opinion polls and market research, nor analyze your habits.
6. Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by internal staff from Jil Sander, specifically trained and authorized for this purpose. During the treatment, the data may be processed by companies belonging to the business group to which Jil Sander belongs.
Your personal data will also be transmitted to third parties that we use to provide our services on store.jilsander.com; these providers have been adequately selected and offer a guarantee of compliance with the rules on the processing of personal data. These persons have been appointed as data controllers and carry out their activities according to the instructions given by Jil Sander and under its control.
The third parties in question belong to the following categories: Banking operators, internet providers, companies specialized in IT and telematic services; couriers; companies that carry out marketing activities; companies specialized in market research and data processing.
Your data may be transmitted to police and judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the detection and prosecution of crimes, the prevention and protection from threats to public security, to allow Jil Sander to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
7. Transfer of the data outside the E.U.
Some of the third parties listed in the previous paragraph n. 6 'Who will process your data?' may be located in countries outside the European Union which, nevertheless, offer an adequate level of data protection, as established by specific decisions of the European Commission. (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/provvedimenti-normativa/normativa/normativa-comunitaria-e-intenazionale/trasferimento-dei-dati-verso-paesi-terzi#1).
The transfer of your personal data to countries that do not belong to the European Union and that do not ensure adequate levels of protection will be performed only after conclusion between Jil Sanderand said subjects of specific agreements, containing safeguard clauses and appropriate safeguards for the protection of your personal data "standard contractual clauses", also approved by the European Commission, or if the transfer is necessary to the conclusion and execution of a contract between you and Jil Sander (for the purchase of goods offered on our Site, for registration on the Website or the use of services on the Website) or for the management of your requests.
8. How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time; depending on the type of activity that involves the processing of your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise rendered anonymous in an irreversible way.
Your personal data is stored in compliance with the terms and criteria specified below:
- Data collected to conclude and execute contracts for the purchase of goods on store.jilsander.com: Upon conclusion of its administrative and accounting formalities. The data related to billing shall be stored for ten years from the date of invoice;
- Registered user data: Data will be kept until you request cancellation of your My Account;
- Payment data: Until payment certification and the conclusion of its administrative and accounting formalities resulting from the expiration of the right of withdrawal and the terms applied for contesting the payment;
- Data collected in the context of the use of services offered on store.jilsander.com: These data are kept until the termination of the service or the request for cancellation of the subscription to the service by the user;
- Data related to the requests of the users to our Customer Care: The useful data to assist you will be kept until the fulfillment of your request;
- Resume: For six months after receipt;
- Data used for commercial communication activities towards users who purchase products on store.jilsander.com (soft Spam): These data are kept until the termination of service or the opposition by cancellation of the user;
- Data provided for commercial communications activities, opinion polls and market research: Until the request to interrupt the activity and in any case within 2 years from the last interaction of any kind of user with Jil Sander;
- Data used to personalize the Site and to show customized commercial offers: As long as the user does not request the cessation of the activity and in any case within two years from the last interaction of any kind of user with Jil Sander;
In any case, for technical reasons, the termination of the processing and the subsequent cancellation or irreversible anonymity of the related personal data will be final within thirty days of the terms indicated above.
9. Your rights
At any time you can exercise your rights with reference to the specific processing of your personal data by Jil Sander. Find below their general description and how to exercise them.
- Access your data and modify it: You have the right to access your personal data and to request that they be accurate, modified or integrated with other information. If you wish, we will provide you with a copy of your data in our possession.
- Revoke your consent: At any time you can revoke consent given for the processing of your personal data in relation to any activity for marketing purposes. In this regard, we remind you that marketing activities are sent via commercial communications, conducting opinion polls and market research, in order to assess your degree of satisfaction and improve the services offered. Upon receipt of your request, we will promptly cease the processing your personal data based on this consent, while different treatments or based on other conditions will continue to be carried out in full compliance with the provisions in effect.
- Opposing the processing of your data: You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, explaining the reasons that justify your request; before accepting it, Jil Sander will have to assess the reasons for your request.
- d)Delete your data: In the cases provided for by current legislation you can request the deletion of your personal data. Upon receipt and assessment of your request and, if legitimate, it will be our care to cease timely treatment and delete your personal data.
- Request that the processing of your personal data is temporarily limited: In this case, Jil Sander will continue to keep your personal data but will not process it, unless it is subject to your different request and the exceptions established by law. You can get the limitation of treatment when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, when the processing is unlawful but you oppose to the deletion of your data, when your data is no longer relevant for anymore but you need to exercise your right in court and when you oppose your treatment, in the period in which we evaluate the reasons for your request.
- Request your data or transfer it to a person other than Jil Sander ("right to data portability"). You can ask to receive your data that we process based on your consent or on the basis of a contract with you in a standard format. If you wish, and where technically possible, we can, upon request, transfer your data directly to a third party of your choice.
In order to exercise some of your aforementioned rights, you can access your My Account, or alternatively, you can contact our Customer Care department, or write to the Responsible for Data Processing to the aforementioned address.
In order to ensure that the data of our users is not illegitimately used or infringed upon by third parties, we will request you for some information to be sure of your identity before accepting your request to exercise one of the rights indicated./p>
10. Security measures
We protect your personal data with specific technical and organizational security measures, aimed at preventing your personal data from being used illegitimately or fraudulently. In particular, we use security measures that guarantee: The pseudonymization or the encryption of your data; the confidentiality, integrity, availability of your data as well as the resilience of the systems and services that process them; the ability to restore data in the event of a data breach. Furthermore, Jil Sander undertakes to test, verify and regularly evaluate the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures in order to guarantee the continuous improvement in the safety of data processing.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been unlawfully done, you can file a complaint with one of the supervisory authorities responsible for compliance with the rules on personal data protection.
In Italy, the complaint can be filed with the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data.
Further information on how to present them is available on the website of the Guarantor, at
12. Children’s rights
Jil Sander does not sell products or services for purchase by children, but by adults. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), store.jilsander.com/us does not knowingly collect, solicit or use personal data of children under the age of 13 provided without parental consent, and will delete any such data should we become aware that a user under the age of 13 has registered without verifiable parental con-sent. Therefore, if you are not 18 years or older, you are not authorized to use our US Site.
13. Rights of California residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814. For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit: www.ftc.gov.
If you are a resident of California, you may request that we not share your information with certain affiliates or third parties providers for marketing purposes, and/or you may inquire as to how we have shared your information with third parties providers for marketing purposes. In connection with such request, we will identify the types of information shared and provide you with the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the information was shared. Please contact our Customer care through the appropriate form selecting “Privacy” as the topic on our contact form.
14. Changes to the present policy
The constant evolution of our services may involve changes in the characteristics of the processing of your personal data described up to now. Consequently, this privacy notice may be subject to changes and additions over time, which may also be necessary with regard to new regulatory measures regarding the protection of personal data.
We request of you, therefore, to periodically check the contents: Where possible, we will try to inform you promptly about the changes made and their consequences.
The updated version of the privacy notice, in any case, will be published on this page, with indication of the date of its last update.
15. Legislative references and useful links
The processing of your personal data is performed by Jil Sander in full compliance with the relevant regulations provided for by the Regulations (E.U.) 2016/679 General regulation on data protection, rules on the processing of personal data and Italian measures of the Italian Supervisory Authority (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/) and, where applicable, of the competent foreign supervisory authorities.
Last update: 15/05/2018